Total Pageviews

Monday, November 19, 2012

Irish Coffee Pub, East Islip

WE'RE BACK !!!!!!!

We would like to start off first by saying that the wifeypoo and I are so very blessed to have weathered Sandy with very little damage to our home and all of our immediate and extended family members are all fine as well. After spending some time the days following the storm donating food and clothing to our local church we decided to have some quality time with one another and took advantage of Restaurant Week at the Irish Coffee Pub. We have been there for two of our friends gatherings and enjoyed their food, especially their homemade beef barley soup. It is after eating it here that we have been tweaking our own beef barley soup to come as close to theirs as possible. Besides the food we happen to have met an extremely personable and funny waitress named Aine. She happened to be the same waitress from a prior event and we were delighted to be in her section. Obviously the meal started with two bowls of the extraordinary beef barley soup. I cannot resist ordering the Escargot every time I see it on a menu. The chef is kind enough to make this special for me by substituting the butter with Olive oil. I cannot put into words how delightful escargot is and how nauseating it is for my wife to be subjected to sitting across from me while I enjoy it to the very last scrumptious snail on my plate. We opted for the pre-fixed restaurant week entrees consisting of Chicken Marsala for the wife and the bone-in center cut Pork Chop for myself. The Chicken Marsala was served with an apple sausage and cranberry stuffing. The Pork Chop was served with mushrooms red onions and a topped with a cider demi glaze with a baked potato. Both dishes included a unique variety of steamed vegetables as well. My wife and I both thought both dishes were cooked, seasoned and presented very tastefully. Now onto my wife's favorite part of the meal, the desserts. She has an unsatisfiable sweet tooth. She ordered the Ice Cream Chipwich and I had the Chocolate Mousse with fresh berries. My dessert for something that sounds so simple was pretty decadent and regardless to say the wife enjoyed her sugar fix. I must say being a coffee aficionado myself that their brewed coffee is exceptional.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those that have been devastated by this Storm. We should all pitch in whatever we can whether it be financially or physically to help the recovery process.

They get 5 out of 5 forks on this visit.











 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment