Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mama Lombardi's Holbrook, NY

I must be honest about this place; it is by far the best Italian food I have ever had besides my mothers. Mama Lombardi's restaurant, Pork Store and Catering Halls are all top notch. From the service they provide to the ingredients they use and their expertise in preparations. We were married at Villa Lombardi's their catering hall located next door to Mama Lombardi's Restaurant in Holbrook; people talked about our wedding for years as far as being one of the best weddings they ever attended. We also frequent Lombardi's Market for one of the best pork store, bakery, butcher shop, Italian specialty and then some store.
We have gone to Mama Lombardi's on our anniversary every year since we have been married and this year was no exception. I started with the Grilled Calamari Salad. This is perfectly char-grilled calamari over baby field greens and red roasted peppers with a lemon olive oil vinaigrette. Mama Mia! Need I say more. The wifey poo had their Caesar Salad that she loves top with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano. For the main course I had the Mama's Special Zuppa Di Pesce which is served on a family style platter (yes I finished it all myself...no doggy bag required) this amazes the waiter every time. You get about a half pound of perfectly cooked to al dente Linguine topped with a massive amount of seafood including Clams, Shrimp, Lobster, Mussels, and Calamari in a marinara sauce made of the finest San Marzano Tomato's. I really can not say enough good things, words just can't do it justice this is a must try for the seafood lover. The wifey (who gets a doggy bag every time) had the Chicken Pollatine with Angel Hair pasta. The chicken is stuffed with Prosciutto and Mozzarella and comes in a Marsala wine and mushroom sauce. Even after all that I still had room for a light dessert. We shared a Lombardi's Delight; a custard with fresh berries topped with homemade whip cream. I may not have stressed it enough in the preceding so I'll say this...If you want Neapolitan cuisine any better than this Fugetaboutit!!! you"ll need to break out the passport
and head to Italy.

This time as well as every other time we have been there they get 5 out of 5 Forks!
(we may have to create something for these places that exceed our rating scale)












No comments:

Post a Comment