Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Oar House in Patchogue

Okay next place dear, The Oar House in Patchogue. We had never heard about this place, just happen to come upon it because my husband and I were going to see my cousin’s band play there. "The Joe Bayer Band" (which I would also suggest everyone to go see at some point). The place is called the Oar House located in Patchogue where it has been there for over 30 years. There was an hour waiting time…was the food worth it? I would say it was a split down the middle. We started the meal with our usual Calamari appetizer, you will notice in our reviews that this is an appetizer we often get. The Calamari could have been cooked more however the breading was seasoned well. Hubby decided to go with a Hamburger for his main dish and I went with the halibut and vegetable risotto. His thought on the hamburger was that it was just OK, though it was cooked perfectly and the fries were unique. I enjoyed my dish the fish was fresh and seasoned nicely and I thought the risotto had good consistency and flavoring. We decided to skip dessert only because the lightning storm was getting too close for comfort. Over all the restaurant and the views are nice the food is good.

They get 3 out of 5 forks.






No comments:

Post a Comment