Total Pageviews

Friday, July 6, 2012

Tweed's Restaurant, Riverhead NY

               Ok dear it is now the wifey poo's turn to review, so last Friday we dined at one of our favorite restaurants with close friends of ours. This was their first time at Tweeds however for us it was as all the previous times we have been there before where the service, food and atmosphere was delightful as always. Tweed's is located on Main Street in Riverhead where it has been since 1896. It has tge feel of a small quaint old fashioned Tavern. We had first ordered appetizers which consisted of perfectly cooked calamari in a very unique batter along with Buffalo Mozzarella with tomatoes and peppers; this was the first time that I had tried this and it will not be the last. The consistency of the mozzarella was perfect, just dissolved in your mouth. The entrees consisted of Hanger steak with a mushroom cognac sauce, a cowboy steak (which is a bone-in rib eye), a bison hamburger and I went off the menu and tried a special; tile fish over sautéed spinach and long grain wild rice medley. The dishes were all cooked to perfection. Now for the dessert, hubby was thrilled when he heard of the choices. Hubby and his friend had the Key Lime Pie. My girlfriend and I split the Cheesecake which I am very fussy about because if I say so myself I make an incredible cheesecake. Both cheesecake and key lime pie are made by Holy Moses Cakes; which if you are going to order a Key lime pie that is the place you want to get it from.

They get 5 out of 5 Forks



 











No comments:

Post a Comment